A brief overview of the recent developments in Libya:
- One Government of National Accord (GNA) member was killed in an intra-clashes in the Abu Salim area of Tripoli;
- GNA Interior Minister Fathi Bashagha was voted out of his office and will face an inquiry “on his statements about the protests and incidents in Tripoli and other cities.” Bashagha called for his investigation to be public and broadcasted live for transparency;
- According to the spokesman of the Libyan National Army (LNA) Sirte-Jufra Operations Room, Khalifa Haftar’s forces violated the ceasefire by firing over 12 Grad rockets at their positions on August 27;
- Misrata citizens took to the streets of Tripoli to support Libya’s Interior Minister Fathi Bashagha.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Rocket Strike Targeted GNA Forces Near Sirte, LNA Denies Responsibility
- Military Situation In Libya On August 25, 2020 (Map Update)