A brief overview of the recent developments in Iraq:
- On January 10, ISIS claimed responsibility for a shooting and grenade attack on an Iraqi Army post near al-Tarmiyah;
- On January 11, a series of anti-government protests erupted in Najaf;
- On January 11, clashes between the Popular Mobilization Forces and ISIS terrorists were reported in southern Samarra;
- On January 11, US Ambassador Matthew H. Tueller met with Iraqi National Security Advisor Qasim al-Araji over Washington’s decision to sanction Popular Mobilization Forces leader Falih al-Fayyadh.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- IED Attacks Targeted Three US-led Coalition Convoys In Iraq
- Map Comparison: Military Situation In Syria In 2015 And 2021