A brief overview of the recent developments in the Central African Republic (CAR):
- On December 27, the CAR held the 2020 presidential election despite attempts of pro-French armed groups to disrupt the election. The full provisional results are expected by the end of the week;
- Sporadic firefights were reported in the countryside of Bambari;
- The situation in Kemo and Mbomou prefectures remains tense following the attack that killed 3 UN peacekeepers on December 26.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Map Update: Military Situation In Central African Republic
- Three UN Peacekeepers Killed In Clashes In Central African Republic
- At Least 220 Killed In Ethiopia’s Ethnic Massacre, At Least 42 Militants