A brief overview of the recent developments in Afghanistan:
- US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad came to Doha “to promote” the immediate start to intra-Afghan peace talks;
- The Taliban announced the appointment of its peace talks team, the deputy head will be Abbas Stanekzai and the spokesperson for the Taliban’s political office will be Muhammad Naeem Wardak;
- At least 25 Taliban members were killed and 8 others were wounded in clashes with Afghan forces in the Pashtun Zarghun area of Herat province;
- According to the Ministry of Defense, at least 10 Taliban fighters were killed in attack on security forces in southern Kandahar.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Military Situation In Afghanistan On September 3, 2020 (Map Update)
- Taliban Overruns Base Of Government Forces In Afghanistan’s Paktia Province (Map, Photos)
- Military Situation In Afghanistan On August 30, 2020 (Map Update)
If it wasn’t for BLM&Antifa riots, Trump wouldn’t have a chance to win, for not pulling out all troops from ME as he promised.