- At least 14 civilians were killed and 3 wounded during an operation by government forces in the Musa Qala district of Helmand province on September 22;
- Government forces recaptured the Jaghato district, Ghazni province from the Taliban;
- A Taliban delegation is visiting China for negotiations on the prospects of the Afghan conflict settlement;
- The Taliban released an official comment on the September 23 Afghan presidential election saying that it would not recognize its results;
- The Taliban claimed that its forces had downed a “surveillance airplane” in the Kurkh district, Herat province.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: