A brief overview of the recent developments in Afghanistan:
- US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad arrived in Islamabad to discuss issues related to the intra-Afghan talks with Pakistani officials;
- According to the Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs, 157,000 civilians have been killed in the war from 2001 to November 2019;
- The first official meeting of both sides in the intra-Afghan talks, which was scheduled for Monday, has been postponed because the agenda has still not been decided.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Military Situation In Afghanistan On September 12, 2020 (Map Update)
- Power Politics and Imperial Gambles: Australia Misses Out to the Taliban