A brief overview of he recent developments in Afghanistan:
- The intra-Afghan talks started today in Doha in attendance of U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. According to Taliban, they will focus on restoration of the Islamic system in the country and the release of the remaining 7,000 to 8,000 Taliban prisoners;
- On September 10, the Taliban confirmed that six of its “hardcore” prisoners, whose release was objected by Australia and France, were transferred to Doha;
- At least two civilians and two soldiers were killed in an explosion at a wedding party at in the city of Khost.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Military Situation In Afghanistan On September 10, 2020 (Map Update)
- Afghan Vice President Survives Bomb Attack In Kabul. At Least 10 People Killed
- Military Situation In Afghanistan On September 6, 2020 (Map Update)