A brief overview of the recent developments in Afghanistan:
- According to Afghanistan’s Ministry of Defense, 22 IEDs planted by the Taliban on public roads in Nahre Saraj and Nadali districts in Helmand province have been safely detonated by the Afghan National Army (ANA);
- According to the U.S. CENTCOM commander Gen. McKenzie, the US will reduce the number of its troops in Afghanistan to 4,500 by November;
- A bomb blast near a convoy carrying Afghan Vice President Amrullah Saleh killed 10 and injured several people in Kabul’s Taimani district.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Afghan Vice President Survives Bomb Attack In Kabul. At Least 10 People Killed
- Military Situation In Afghanistan On September 6, 2020 (Map Update)