A brief overview of the recent developments in Afghanistan:
- ISIS claimed responsibility for an IED attack targeting Afghan Special Forces in Jalalabad, Nangarhar;
- At least eight prisoners were killed and 12 more were wounded in the Herat prison riot;
- Mohammad Naeem, Taliban’s spokesman said, on October 28 Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, deputy head of Mullah Haibatullah, meet with US special envoy Zalmay Khalilzad & Scott Miller, the US forces commander in Afghanistan & discussed the reasons for the increase in the level of operations;
- At least 38 Taliban members, including the group’s shadow district governor for Nade Ali, were killed during a security operation on the Lashkargah-Nade Ali road.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Impunity and Carefree Violence: Australia’s Special Forces in Afghanistan
- Security Forces Eliminated Senior Al-Qaeda Leader In Afghanistan