A brief overview of the recent developments in Afghanistan:
- At least 3 civilians were killed in an explosion in the province of Kapisa on November 22;
- A hand grenade attack targeted a United Nations Development Program vehicle in Kabul’s police district 9 on November 24. Five people were wounded and one foreign national was killed;
- The Ministry of Interior announced that 2,331 joint military operations were conducted across the country during the past eight months;
- 49 insider attacks occurred within Afghan government forces in 2019 resulting in 167 casualties, according to a report by the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction;
- At least 8 Taliban members were killed in clashes near Kunduz city, pro-government sources claim.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: