- An explosion took place near Counterpart International in Kabul. Following the explosion, gunmen stormed the building;
- The Taliban claimed that it had seized 6 combat posts in the Syed Abad district, Wardak province, killing up 20 government fighters;
- Clashes between the Taliban and government forces were reported in the Chak district, Wardak province. According to the Taliban, 23 soldiers were killed and 3 other were captured;
- The Taliban claimed that its members had destroyed 2 vehicles in the Maiwand district, Kandahar Province;
- The Taliban attacked government forces in the areas of Bagh Pul and Gunahkan in Farah city. Casualties are reported;
- A U.S. soldier died from wounds sustained from a non-combat incident in Afghanistan, the Pentagon said on May 7.
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x