- Acting Defense Minister Assadullah Khalid claimed on May 25 that Taliban’s spring offensive has failed. According to him, the movement has made no progress in any part of the country.
- The Taliban announced that it has gained multiple areas in the framework of its Spring Offensive. According to the group, at least 86 secuirity personnel were killed and 12 others were wounded during the last 24 hours.
- 30 Taliban members were killed in clashes with pro-government forces in the districts of Marja and Sangin in Helmand province, local authorities claim.
- Clashes between the Taliban and security personnel took place in the city of Kunduz. 5 security personnel were killed.
- The Taliban announced that 19 civilians were killed by US-NATO strikes in the provinces of Nangarhar, Helmand and Paktika.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: