- Special forces eliminated a Taliban commander of Pakistani origin in the village of Asfandah near Ghazni city, local authorities said;
- Government forces carried out over 500 operations against the Taliban in Ghazni province during the last 2 months. Up to 40 security personnel and 30 civilians were killed, according to pro-government sources. The sme sources report hundreeds of Taliban casualties;
- A child was killed and 2 others were injured in a mortar shell explosion in the Kushk district, Herat province;
- 4 civilians were killed and 6 others were injured in a Taliban attack in the Dara-I-Suf district, Samangan province, according to local authorities;
- The Taliban attacked a checkpoint of pro-government forces in the Qasgqari area of Saripul city. 12 pro-government fighters were killed and 3 captured, according to the Taliban media wing.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: