- On May 12, an Islam Qala customs worker was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Kohsan district of Herat province
- On May 11, ISIS took responsibility for the IED attack on police patrol in Bostan area of Kabul city
- On May 11, clashes between Taliban and the government forces continued in the north of Logar province
- On May 12, Afghanistan Chief of Staff of Armed Forces and acting defense minister, General Yasin Zia visited Baghlan province to assess the current ANA operations and security situation.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Military Situation In Afghanistan On May 10, 2021 (Map Update)
- Military Situation In Afghanistan On May 11, 2021 (Map Update)