- At least two civilians were killed in a fighting between government forces and Taliban members in the Shindand district, Herat province on March 24.
- Pro-Taliban sources claim that 33 pro-government fighters were killed in a recent series of clashes in the area of Marjah, Helmand province.
- Some pro-Kabul sources speculate that “Russian advisers” are embedded with Taliban members in some areas. These speculations come in the crouse of the general Western propaganda campaign designed to accuse Russia and China of providing a direct support to the Taliban.
- The Pentagon identified two US soldiers recently killed in Afghanistan:
– Spc. Joseph P. Collette, 29, of Lancaster, Ohio, was assigned to 242nd Ordnance Battalion, 71st Explosive Ordnance Disposal Group.
– Sgt. 1st Class Will D. Lindsay, 33, of Cortez, Colo., was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne).
MORE ON THE TOPIC: