A brief overview of the recent developments in Afghanistan:
- Four security personnel were killed in a Taliban attack in the Nijrab district, Kapisa province;
- At least 25 members of the army and police officers were killed in an assault on a checkpoint in Zabul. Government sources blame the Taliban;
- A firefight between the Taliban and government forces erupted in the Khan Abad district, Kunduz province;
- The Taliban announced that at least 23 government fighters were killed and 8 more were wounded as a result of an attack on their positions in the Dawlat Abad district of Balkh province;
- Several army personnel were reportedly killed in a Taliban attack in the Maiwand district, Kandahar province.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: