A brief overview of the recent developments in Afghanistan:
- According to the Afghan Ministry of Defense, the ANDSF killed and wounded 8 Taliban militants in the Azra district of Logar province;
- The Taliban claimed an attack on a police checkpoint in the Gereshk of Helmand province;
- The Taliban commander Mullah Ghani Baradar met with UN Special Envoy for Afghanistan in Doha. The parties discussed the release of prisoners and the commencement of intra-Afghan negotiations;
- Two Taliban fighters surrendered in Faryab;
- At least 2 rocket attacks were reported on Bagram Air Base;
- Taliban forces gained control over the administrative center and 2 checkpoints in Atgher district of Zabul province.