- The Taliban once again retook the Bala Murghab district in Badghis province from pro-government forces;
- On May 31, a suicide car bomb targeted a NATO convoy in Kabul city. 4 US service members were injured and 4 civilians were killed;
- Government forces captured a Taliban prison in the Sangin district, Helmand province. 33 persons were freed;
- Over 50 Taliban members were kiled or injured in recent clashes in Jowzjan province, according to pro-government sources;
- The Taliban media wing announced that 23 villages in the Shahrak district, Ghor province, had declared support and 40 security personnel had surrendered to the group.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: