A brief overview of the recent developments in Afghanistan:
- At least nine Taliban members, including two leaders, were killed in clashes with security forces in Ghazni province;
- Two civilians were killed and six others were injured in an explosion in the city of Herat;
- One civilian was killed and 9 others were wounded in motorcycle VBIED blast in the city of Mehtarlam, Laghman province;
- ISIS claimed an attack against the ANDSF in Ghani Khel district of Nangarhar province on July 28;
- ISIS claimed an IED attack targeting police patrol in the city of Jalalabad, Nangarhar province, on July 29.