An intensity of clashes between the Taliban and forces loyal to the Kabul government has once again increased after the end of the recent round of the talks on the conflict settlement in the Qatari capital of Doha.
- A government forces convoy was targeted by an IED ambush in the area between Nealak Pul and Gandab in the Pusht Rod district, Farah province, the Taliban said;
- 3 Taliban infiltrators opened fire inside a government forces checkpoint in the Arghistan district, Kandahar province, reportedly killing 6 government troops;
- 9 civilians were killed in a raid by US-led forces in the Ahmad Khel district, Paktia province, according to pro-Taliban sources;
- 8 soldiers were killed and 7 others were wounded in Taliban attacks in the Patan district, Paktia province, the group claimed;
- The Taliban claimed that 28 police officers were killed and 30 others were injured in clashes in the Musa Khail district, Khost province.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: