A brief overview of the recent developments in Afghanistan:
- At least 3 police officers were killed in a gunmen attack on their checkpoint in Herat city;
- Clashes between security forces and guards of the former police chief of Faryab’s Qaisar district are ongoing in the city of Mazar-e-Sharif. Government troops backed up by attack helicopters seek to arrest Nizamuddin Qaisari;
- 2 children died and another one received wounds in an explosion of abandoned shell in the Bagram district of Parwan province;
- US media speculate that the Trump administration is planning to withdraw 4,000 troops from Afghanistan;
- 8 civilians were killed in airstrikes in the Dawlatyar district, Ghor province, the Taliban claimed;
- The Taliban claimed that its attack on government troops in the Dawlatyar district, Ghor province led to deaths of 20 enemy personnel.