- On August 28, a Taliban spokesman, Suhail Shaheen, said that the US and the movement are close to finalizing the peace agreement;
- NATO Senior Civilian Representative to Afghanistan Nicholas Kay said that the military bloc is not going to halt its support to the Kabul government even if the US-Taliban agreement is reached;
- Government fores have launched an operation against the Taliban in Warduj, Yumgan and Keran Wa Manjan districts in Badakhshan province;
- The Taliban claimed that it had killed 5 pro-government fighters and injured 6 others in the Purchaman district, Farah province;
- The Taliban captured a government check point in the Nerkh district, Wardak province.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: