- On August 13, the US and NATO Forces Commander in Afghanistan, Gen. Scott Miller, rejected reports of limitations in US operations in the country and said that US-led forces continue operating with no changes;
- The Taliban released 76 detainees in the provinces of Urguzan, Kunduz, Khost and Sar-e Pol in the framework of Eid al-Adha celebrations;
- 11 civilians were killed in pro-government raids against the Taliban in the Zumrat district, Paktia province;
- The Kabul government released 35 Taliban members in the framework of Eid al-Adha celebrations;
- Clashes between the Taliban and government forces were reported in the Dayak district, Ghazni province.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: