- A car bomb explosion targeted a foreign forces convoy near the Bagram Airbase in Parwan province on April 8. 3 US service members and one contractor were killed as well as 3 US service members were injured in the attack, according to the Pentagon. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack saying that the “suicide attacker destroyed two tanks and killed over 10 US military servicemen”;
- Clashes between the Taliban and pro-government sources continue in the Bala Murghab district. According to Defense Ministry spokesman Qais Mangal, at least 100 Taliban members have been killed and 35 others have been wounded in the ongoing clashes;
- According to the Taliban, 5 pro-government fighters were killed and 7 others were injured in a new attack on government troops in the Bala Murghab district. The decreased number of Taliban reports on the situation in the area indicates a lack of the progress in the area. Pro-Kabul forces will likley be able to keep control over the area.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- 3 US Service Members And Military Contractor Killed In Taliban Attack Near Bagram Airbase
- Military Situation In Afghanistan On April 8, 2019 (Map Update)