- Clashes between the Taliban and pro-government forces are ongoing in the districts of Bala Murghab and Ab Kamari. Multiple airstrikes were reported. A Defense Ministry spokesman says the Taliban has suffered heavy casualties;
- According to pro-government sources, at least 36 army and police service members were killed in Bala Murghab;
- The Taliban declared control over the Arghanj Khwa district in Badakhshan province;
- The Taliban recently attacked the Marghab district administration center, police headquarter, prison and other installations in the area;
- The Taliban claims that at least 46 pro-government fighters, including a field commander – Dost Muhammad – have surrendered to the group in the Marghab district.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: