- Afghan President’s Special Envoy and head of the High Peace Council’s Secretariat, Umer Daudzai, announced on April 2 that the Kabul government is going to invite Taliban representatives to attend the Grand Consultative Jirga on Peace which is scheduled for April 29. Additionally, he once again vowed the governemnt concern over the ongoing direct talks between the Taliban and the US. In fact, the key issue is that the direct US-Taliban talks undermine the already shaky legitimacy of the Kabul government, which in many cases serves as a ordinary local proxy force of Washington;
- Airstrikes killed 9 civilians in the Qisar district, the Taliban media wing claimed;
- The Taliban claims that 2 foreign troops were killed and one was injured in clashes in the Qisar district. 2 Taliban members were killed and 2 others were injured in the same clash, according to the report;
- 5 civilians were reportedly killed in a drone strike in the Gero district, Ghazni province;
- 6 civlians were killed as a result of goverment forces actions in the Urgun district, Paktika province, according to the Taliban;
- A civilian was reportedly killed in a government mortar shelling in the Samkaniyo district, Paktia province;
- 5 civilians were reportedly killed in a drone strike in the Marjah district, Helmand province.
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x