In the late hours of October 13, opposition militants shelled the districts of al-Shahba, al-Zahra, al-Nile and Halab al-Jadidah in the northern city of Aleppo with more than eleven mortar rounds, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR). The shelling reportedly resulted in material loses only.
This was the third time when the militants around Aleppo violated the Russian-Turkish deconfliction agreement. Two days ago, the militants shelled several districts in the city. Later, a bulldozer of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) was destroyed north of Aleppo.
The Turkish military claimed that all heavy weapons, including mortar canons, had been withdrawn from the demilitarized zone, which includes the militants’ positions around Aleppo. However, these violations confirm that Turkey provided false data.
Following the new mortar attack, the SAA gave radical militants 24 hours to withdraw from some positions around Aleppo, according to the Syrian al-Masdar News blog. The pro-government blog said that the SAA may launch a military operation there if the militants ignore the warning.
Few days ago, a source in the Tiger Forces told SouthFront that the SAA and its allies are preparing to act against these dangerous violations before the end of October. However, it is not clear yet if the SAA is indeed planning to implement a military option.