The Russian peacekeeping contingent in Karabakh includes military police, the Russian General Staff said.
Several maps were also released outlining the positions and activities of the peacekeepers.
Russian peacekeepers have already taken control of the Lachin corridor, temporary posts have been set up, according to the Russian General Staff.
The total number of observation posts that will be established will be 16.
- collecting information on ceasefire violations and communicating this information to the command of the peacekeepers
- maintaining the safety of free transit and transport
- suppression of illegal actions against the civilian population
The maps that were released are as follows.
The situation in Nagorno-Karabakh on November 11th is as shown on this map:
The peacekeeping duties are being carried out by the 15th separate motorized rifle brigade “Alexandria” as noted by the coat of arms on the left side of the map.
As mentioned repeatedly, the deployment includes 1,960 personnel, 90 armored personnel carriers, 380 motorized vehicles and special equipment.
The map above, as color coded shows the following:
- Pink – territory of Nagorno-Karabakh;
- Dark Green – area under control of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces;
- Light Blue – territory of Azerbaijan taken by NKR.
The Russian peacekeepers in Karabakh have armored personnel carriers and armored vehicles “Tiger” and “Typhoon”, the General Staff said.
The second map shows the following:
It shows the placement of the observation posts along the contact line.
The red triangles show the positions of the temporary posts.
The dotted line shows the borders of the Lachin corridor.
The third map that was released:
It shows the total area in which peacekeeping operations will take place.
The red dotted line shows where peacekeeping patrols will be carried out by Russian military police.
The red triangles show the positions of the observation posts that will be placed.
The fourth map shows the following:
It shows the separation into two zones of responsibility – North and South. With the observation posts as red triangles.
The operation is quite thorough and appears to be well-thought through. As reported earlier, there was also a photograph of Russian soldiers setting up an observation posts, likely temporary.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Russian Peacekeepers Get Into Position, As France Offers “Message Of Support To Armenian Friends” (Updated)
- Pro-Western Armenian Government Lost Nagorno-Karabakh, But Russia Gained It