- On April 12, the Taliban officially announced the start of its spring offensive against Kabul government forces entitled Operation Al-Fath;
- According to the Taliban, its forces conducted multiple attacks on positions and installations belonging to pro-government forces in the province of Khost killing and injuring dozens of rival fighters;
- The Taliban announced that it had released 127 members of pro-government forces captured in the Marghab district;
- The Defense Ministry said that its forces had repelled a Taliban attack on Shirzad district in the eastern Nangarhar province killing at least 27 group members;
- Taliban members attacked a column of pro-government forces in the Shahrak district. According to the Taliban media wing, 7 vehicles were destroyed and 15 rival fighters were killed.
MORE ON THE TOPIC: