Over the past few days, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and its allies, backed up by the Russian Armed Forces, have once again renewed efforts to eliminate ISIS cells in the Homs-Dier Ezzor desert.
- The Syrian Special Forces assisted by Russian troops have freed two dozens of hostages from ISIS in the area of Humaymah. The operation once again revealed that ISIS uses the US-controlled area of At Tanf as its safe haven to carry oout operations in eastern Syria;
- A captured ISIS member confirmed that ISIS cells in al-Safa had received support from the US-led coalition base in At Tanf;
- While the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) are now carrying no ground operations against ISIS, the US-led coalition delivered several airstrikes on the town of Hajin. The airstrikes reportedly caused multiple civilian casualties;
- The SAA repelled an ISIS attack in the al-Safa area. 6 SAA soldiers and 3 ISIS members were reportedly killed in the clashes;
- The SAA uncovered several surface-to-air missiles abandonned by ISIS in the area of al-Mayadin in the province of Deir Ezzor.