0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
570 $
MAY 2021

Major Saudi Air Base Faced New Houthi Drone Attack

Support SouthFront

Major Saudi Air Base Faced New Houthi Drone Attack

Illustrative image, source: the Houthis media wing

On April 22, the Houthis launched yet another drone attack on King Khalid Air Base in the southern Saudi province of ‘Asir.

In the early morning hours, the group launched a single Qasef-2K suicide drone at what was described as an “important military installation” inside the major air base.Major Saudi Air Base Faced New Houthi Drone Attack

A spokesman for the Houthis, Gen. Yahya Sari, said that the drone attack was a “natural” and a “legitimate” response to the recent escalation by the Saudi-led coalition against Yemen and the ongoing siege on the country.

From its side, the Saudi-led coalition claimed that the drone was successfully intercepted by its air-defense means over the city of Khamis Mushait. The city is located right next to King Khalid Air Base.

“The Houthi terrorist militia’s hostile attempts to target civilians and civilian objects are systematic and deliberate,” Col. Turki Al-Malki, a spokesman for the coalition, said in a statement. “We are taking the necessary operational measures to protect civilians in accordance with international humanitarian law.”

The drone attack on King Khalid Air Base was not the first and will not likely be the last. The Houthis launched dozens of drones at targets in Saudi Arabia over the last few weeks.

The Saudi-led coalition thwarted many Houthi attacks. However, the Yemeni group’s operations are still inflicting some serious losses on the Kingdom.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Support SouthFront

SouthFront

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
8 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Assad must stay

hahahaahhahahaha

Kenny Jones ™

The Qamishli problem must be solved, either withdraw, or send Rus/Ir sof to capture the whole city, the US isn’t gonna do anything

Lone Ranger

Oy gevalt…
Not the Saudisis shakels…
That’s the nuttibubu money…

Pave Way IV

Unexpected. Not sure what it means, but it sounds like the Saudis just threw al Islah under the bus and want Hadi’s boys to run the show in Marib. https://alsjl-news.com/n/4548237

Google Translation:
Saudi Arabia decided to hand over the Ma’rib fronts to Tariq Saleh and Aziz bin Saghir and the Brotherhood are rebelling

The development of the Marib governorate, which has become under threat from the Houthi militia, Iran’s allies, accelerated. Senior military sources confirmed that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has ordered the Islah party and its army commanders to hand over all fronts of the Ma’rib governorate to the leader of the Republic’s guards, Tariq Saleh and the chief of staff.

The Saudis pullout of all their armor and heavy guns from Marib was reported several times last week. Marib City was always center of al Islah (Yemeni Muslim Brotherhood), so they wouldn’t like being fired and put under Saleh (Hadi loyalist). As usual, Saudis are not paying the various al Qaeda mercs, so they’ve been quitting, too. Sounds like Ansar Allah just has to wait and let Marib implode by itself. Maybe chase the remaining rodents out of Yemen across the al Wadia crossing into Saudi Arabia.

zman

Israel isn’t laughing at the Saudi western AD any more, are they? They just got a taste of what might be coming their way, like KSA has. Big run on TP in Israel today.

SwordOfLight

One does wonder where and how the Houthi’s acquired this technology.
Do they have a benefactor who has furnished them with these weapons as a way of attacking foes by way of using the Houthis as a proxy.

Squeeth

I hope so.

Peter Jennings

The Houthis will only get better and the suadi military effort will only get worse.

Maybe suadi headchoppers should fight their own battles instead of sending Sudenese ‘troops’ ?

8
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x