0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
85 $
DECEMBER 2020

Kurdish Guerrilla Group Claimed Responsibility For Recent Attack On Turkish Post In Syria’s Greater Idlib

Donate

Kurdish Guerrilla Group Claimed Responsibility For Recent Attack On Turkish Post In Syria’s Greater Idlib

ALF fighters, illustrative image, By: Hawar News Agency (ANHA)

The Afrin Liberation Forces (ALF) has claimed responsibility for the recent attack on a Turkish military observation post in Greater Idlib.

A number of rockets targeted the post, which is located near the town of Xezwe in northwestern Aleppo on September 12 afternoon. The attack caused serious material damage. Several Turkish service members were also injured.

“On September 12, our forces carried out an operation, targeting a post of the Turkish occupation military in the town of Xezwe in Jandaris district,” the ALF said in a short statement released on September 13.

The Kurdish guerrilla group said it will reveal the results of the attack on Xezwe post and share a video of the operation tomorrow.

The Turkish military responded to the ALF’s attack by shelling the Kurdish-held towns of Aqiybah, Sughanka and Burj al-Qas. Later, a second attack targeted the post. This time, however, no losses were reported.

The ALF was formed after the occupation of Afrin by Turkish forces in 2018. Since then, the Kurdish group has carried out dozens of attacks against the Turkish military and its proxies in northeast, north and northwest Aleppo. Scores of Turkish-backed militants were killed by the group.

The attack on Xezwe post was one of the ALF’s most daring operations. The successful attack proves that the Kurdish group is working to develop its capabilities.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!