Kremlin Spokesman Refused To Comment On Reports That Moscow And Ankara Agreed On Plan Of Comprehensive Ceasefire In Syria

Donate

Kremlin Spokesman Refused To Comment On Reports That Moscow And Ankara Agreed On Plan Of Comprehensive Ceasefire In Syria

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov refused to comment on reports (initially appeared in Turkey’s state run media) that Moscow and Ankara have agreed on a plan of a comprehensive ceasefire in Syria.

“I cannot answer this question now, I have no enough information,” he told journalists.

Nonetheless, Peskov said that Moscow and Ankara are in constant contact on the possible talks on the Syrian crisis in the Kazakh capital of Astana.

Earlier on December 28, the Turkish state-run Anadolu news agency reported that Russia and Turkey reached an agreement on establishing a nation-wide ceasefire in Syria from midnight on December 29. The plan will be in force in all areas where the fighting is ongoing between pro-government forces and militant groups. The ceasefire does not cover ISIS and Jabhat Fatah al-Sham (formerly Jabhat al-Nusra, the Syrian branch of al-Qaeda).

Rerports added that, if the ceasefire is implemented, further talks on political settlement of the conflict will be held in Astana.

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!

  • barb scott

    I hope Russia is as forceful as keeping Assad in power as Turkey is persistent of Assad leaving.