Victory Day has come, and leading up to it, the Kiev forces commemorated it the right way: by shelling civilians in the Donetsk People’s Republics.
The Ukrainian Armed Forces deployed a BMP-2 amidst the buildings in the village of Marinka, not too far from the city of Donetsk.
The BMP-2, of course, is banned under OSCE rules and shouldn’t be there, and yet, it is.
And while the self-proclaimed republics in Eastern Ukraine prepare for celebrations of Victory Day on May 9th, both civilians and military, Kiev’s forces took their chance and shelled civilian infrastructure.
On May 8th, Kiev’s forces used a BMP-2 to target the village near the Trudovskaya mine, in the outskirts of Donetsk city.
The shelling destroyed a school, six civilian houses, and resulted in the death of a civilian.
In response, the DPR shelled the UAF’s positions. No damages or casualties were achieved, both civilian and military. Still, Kiev accused the DPR militia of indiscriminately shelling civilian infrastructure.
In the true spirit of the values that the Kiev government and those who fight on behalf of it on the frontline, no holiday or celebration is respected, civilians are targeted, and facts are denied. Not too dissimilar of the Nazis of decades past, and by no mere coincidence do many in the Volunteer Battalions and more share the worldview.
1. UAF in Marinka targeted the village surrounding the Trudovskaya mine in the outskirts of Donetsk city with a BMP-2
2. UAF in Dzerzhinsk targeted DPR positions near the Gagarin mine in Gorlovka with 120-mm artillery
3. UAF in Pesky targeted DPR positions in Donetsk city with grenade launchers
4. UAF in Vodyanoe targeted DPR positions in Donetsk City’s Zhabunky with grenade launchers
5. UAF in Starognatovka targeted DPR positions in Novolaspa with 120-mm artillery
6. DPR forces in Spartak targeted UAF positions in Opytne with 120-mm artillery
7. DPR forces in Gorlovka shelled UAF positions in Avdiivka with 120-mm artillery
8. DPR forces in Gorlovka shelled UAF positions in Pivdenne with 122-mm artillery
9. DPR forces in Gorlovka shelled UAF positions in Novgorodske with grenade launchers
10. DPR forces near the Trudovskaya mine targeted UAF forces in Marinka with 100-mm anti-tank guns and grenade launchers
- 1 Civilian was killed, a school building was damaged, and 6 civilian houses were destroyed by Ukrainian shelling on the village around Trudovskaya mine
- UAF accused DPR of targeting civilians, while Kiev’s forces use civilian infrastructure to shield their hardware
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- War In Ukraine Is Not Over: Losses Reported By Both Sides (Map Update)
- Military Situation In Donetsk People’s Republic On May 6, 2021 (Map Update)