The Islamic Resistance in Iraq – ‘Ashab al-Kahf (AK) threatened U.S. forces in the country with more attacks in a new official statement released on August 13.
The statement included the following list of warnings for U.S. forces as well as Iraqi civilians and military personnel:
- Civilian vehicles must not move between the American convoys and escorted vehicles, in order to preserve the pure [civilians] blood.
- It is necessary to move at least 1,000 meters away from the positions of the Americans, which, by the will of God, will be burned both American occupiers and their Iraqi accomplices. We stress to avoid approaching the line of fire [front-lines].
- The Americans must withdraw their dogs from the base of Taji, otherwise the fire will eat them and will not distinguish between an African, Asian, malicious English or American.
- The NATO must withdraw its mercenaries, or no one can blame us for a bombing or a ground strike.
- Soon, weapons, you don’t expect, will enter the battle and they will leave you confused as you are now in front of what is happening to your drones.
AK also hinted that its fighters will soon began launching ground attacks on bases and positions hosting U.S. forces in Iraq.
The group concluded its statement by calling on Iraqis to join its ranks, saying that anyone who wish to do so should inform “Islamic resistance” factions.
AK is a pro-Iran Shiite group founded in August of 2019. Last month, the group warned Iraqi logistics companies from cooperating with the U.S.-led coalition. The warning was followed by a number of attacks on U.S.-led coalition logistic supply convoys throughout Iraq.