The ISIS news agency Amaq has released a video showing the wreckage of a Gazelle helicopter that crashed in the area of the Quirimbas Islands to the north of Pemba on April 10.
— Wassim Nasr (@SimNasr) April 20, 2020
According to reports, the helicopter, which was allegedly operated by private military contractors, crashed as a result of small arms fire by militants.
During the past months, ISIS terrorists have drastically increased their activity in Mozambique’s Cabo Delgado province. Terrorists carried out a series of successful attacks temporairly capturing several villages and capturing a lot of weapons. In own turn, government forces seem to be unable to properly react to the threat and contain the growth of the terrorist threat.
If the situation develops in this direction and further, there are significant chances that the terrorists will be able to seize at least a part of the province and consolidate control over it.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Chaos In Mozambique’s Cabo Delgado As ISIS Threat Grows
- In Video: ISIS Terrorists Strom Another Town In Northern Mozambique
- ISIS Continues Steady Expansion In Mozambique (Video)
- ISIS Conducts Second Large And Successful Attack In Cabo Delgado Province Of Mozambique
- Mozambique Militants Seize Key Town Close To $60 Billion-Dollar Gas Projects Development Site