ISIS Claims One Of Its Sucide Bombers Killed Or Injured 50 Policemen In Eastern Afghanstan

Donate

ISIS Claims One Of Its Sucide Bombers Killed Or Injured 50 Policemen In Eastern Afghanstan

On Thursday, a suicide bomber of ISIS targeted a gathering of Afghan policemen and officials in the capital of the eastern Nangarhar province, Jalalabad city, according to the ISIS-linked news agency Amaq. The media outlet claimed that over 50 Afghan policemen were killed or injured in the suicide attack.

However, Attaullah Khogiani, spokesman for Nangarhar province, told the Chinese Xinhua agency that only 8 civilians were killed, and 17 others were injured in the ISIS suicide attack.

“A terrorist blew up his explosive device in first precinct of Jalalabad city today afternoon killing eight people and injuring 17 others,” Khogiani said, according to Xinhua.

The Afghan Tolo TV reported that locals in Khewa district of Nangarhar province protested against a poor security situation in the province. Lately, the ISIS influence in Nangarhar expanded. The province is witnessing a conflict between the Taliban and ISIS.

So far, the Afghan authorities and the US have not taken any steps against ISIS or the Taliban in Nangarhar, a strategy that’s likely aimed at intensifying the conflict between the two radical groups. However, it appears that the Afghan civilians are now paying the price of this approach.

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!

  • DidierF

    The strategy of doing nothing against ISIS in Afghanistan has another “advantage”. On the border of Iran, Sunnis fundamentalists can stir up troubles in Iran.