ISIS Cells around the world used at least 224 improvised explosive devices (IEDs) during attacks carried out in the first third of the current Islamic year which started on August 20, an infographic released by the terrorist group’s al-Nabaa newspaper on December 16 revealed.
According to al-Nabaa, 95 IEDs were used in attacks that took place in Iraq, 56 in Khorasan [Afghanistan, Pakistan, India and Tajikistan], 38 in West Africa, nine in Egypt, nine in Central Africa, eight in Syria, seven in Somalia, one in Libya and one in East Asia.
The IED attacks killed or wounded 631 people, as follows:
- 202 fighters of the Taliban and members of the former Afghan government;
- 199 Iraqi service members and fighters of pro-government Shiite forces;
- 79 Nigerian military service members;
- 40 Shiite civilians in Khorasan;
- 32 Egyptian military service members;
- 26 Somali policemen;
- 15 Mozambican military service members and Christian civilians;
- 14 Congolese military service members and Christian civilians;
- Ten Ugandan state employees and civilians;
- Seven Syrian military service members;
- Four Syrian Democratic Forces fighters;
- Three Pakistan military service members.
The attacks also destroyed 149 vehicles, including 40 armored vehicles and 46 pickup trucks, as well as 20 electricity towers, five gas and oil lines and three communication towers.
ISIS has certainly exaggerated the results of at least some of its recent IED attacks in order to raise the morale of its supporters.
The terrorist group’s cells around the world have been relying more and more on IEDs as low risk, low cost mean to inflict human and material losses on their enemies. In some areas like Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula, almost all of the group’s recent attacks were carried out with IEDs.
Going by the list, it appears like there should be an awards’ event for the various global terrorists.
Basically CIA/MI6/ Mossad and now Indian RAW in smelly brown stained dhoti did them and ISIS is used for the frontage
They need to go and train those in Iraq trying to blow up the US resupply convoys.