0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
3,136 $
LAST DAY OF NOVEMBER 2020

ISIS Claimed Responsibility For Attack On Armistice Day Ceremony At Saudi Cemetery

Donate

ISIS Claimed Responsibility For Attack On Armistice Day Ceremony At Saudi Cemetery

Illustrative Image

ISIS has claimed responsibility for an attack on an Armistice Day ceremony that was being held at cemetery in the Saudi city of Jeddah on November 11.

An improvised explosive device (IED), which had been planted by the terrorist group’s loyalists, struck the ceremony, that was attended by representatives of France, Greece, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States.

As a result of the attack, a Greek consulate employee, a Saudi security officer and a third person were lightly wounded.

“The annual ceremony commemorating the end of World War I at the non-Muslim cemetery in Jeddah, attended by several consulates, including that of France, was the target of an IED attack this morning, which injured several people,” the Foreign Ministry of France said in a statement. “France strongly condemns this cowardly, unjustifiable attack.”

ISIS’ news agency Amaq said in a statement released on November 12 that the attack targeted the French Consul who was attending the ceremony. Amaq said that attack was a response for the republication of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad in France.

Saudi security authorities launched an investigation into the attack, that was  a “failure” according to the Mecca region principality.

The republication of caricatures of Prophet Mohammad resulted in a series of knife attacks by radicals in France. Mass protests and a campaign to boycott French-made goods were organized in several Muslim countries.

This wave of violence is provoking a response against Muslim countries. On November 12, a gunman opened fire outside the Saudi Embassy in The Hague, Amsterdam. No one was injured in the attack. The current tension may lead to more incidents.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!