0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
3,492 $
2 DAYS UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER 2020

Iraq’s Kata’ib Hezbollah Says It Won’t Attack U.S. Troops As Long As They Are Withdrawing

Donate

Iraq’s Kata'ib Hezbollah Says It Won’t Attack U.S. Troops As Long As They Are Withdrawing

Members of Kata’ib Hezbollah, which is part of Iraq’s Popular Mobilization Forces or Hashd al-Sha’abi, walk along a street painted in the colors of the Israeli flag during a parade marking the annual Quds Day in Baghdad. (Photo by Reuters)

Kata’ib Hezbollah (KH) announced on April 2 that its fighters will not attack U.S. troops as long as they are withdrawing from Iraq.

In an official statement, the Iran-affiliated group stressed that it would only accept a full withdrawal of U.S. forces from the country.

“What these monsters wont understand is the knighthood of the Mujahedeen and their commitment to the orders of God Almighty which don’t allow the killing of those who are withdrawing,” the statement reads.

KH also touched on the recent threats of U.S. President Donald Trump, calling him a “moron” and warning against any “aggression” on Iraq. Trump claimed a day earlier that Iran and its allies are preparing new attacks on U.S. troops in the country.

The U.S. held KH responsible for several recent attacks on its troops in Iraq, including the March 11 rocket strike on Camp Taji. Three service members of the U.S.-led coalition were killed in the strike. In response, the U.S. struck five military positions in Iraq.

The U.S.-led coalition is now carrying out a partial withdrawal from Iraq. Thus far, two bases have been handed over to Iraqi government forces. While this withdrawal appears to be a sign of de-escalation, the coalition is in fact bracing for more tension. Troops are being moved to more secured bases, where air-defense systems are being deployed.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!