0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
520 $
MAY 2021

Iraqi ‘Resistance’ Attacks Six US Supply Convoys With IEDs (Video, Photos)

Support SouthFront

Between April 11 and 14, six convoys moving supplies and equipment for the US-led coalition in Iraq came under attack.

The attacks took place as follows:

  • On April 11, a supply convoy was targeted in the area of al-Hajaj in the northern province of Saladin. A new group calling itself the al-Sabiqun Division claimed responsibility and shared a video of the attack.
  • On April 13, a supply convoy was targeted near the city of Samawah in the southern province of al-Muthanna. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
  • On April 14, a supply convoy was targeted near the city of Nasiriyah in the southern province of Dhi Qar. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet. Nevertheless, the Sabereen News Telegram channel released photos showing the aftermath of the attack.
  • The fourth supply convoy was targeted in the southern province of al-Diwaniyah. The Islamic Resistance in Iraq – ‘Ashab al-Kahf claimed responsibility for the attack.
  • The fifth supply convoy was targeted in the central province of Babylon. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
  • The sixth supply convoy was targeted in the district of Yusufiya near the capital Baghdad. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.

All six US supply convoys were targeted with improvised explosive devices, the go-to weapon of pro-Iranian factions in Iraq.

The recent attacks on US-led coalition convoys and bases in Iraq are a response to the assassination of Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, Deputy-Commander of Iraq’s Popular Mobilization Units, and Qassim Soleimani, Commander of Iran’s Quds Force. The attacks are meant to push US forces out of the country.

“Resistance” forces in Iraq stepped up their attacks recently. Late on April 14, a drone was used for the first time in an attack on a US base in Erbil International Airport.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Support SouthFront

SouthFront

9 comments

  1. Lone Ranger says:

    6?
    Were there any more to attack?
    It seems they ard getting hit as soon as they step out of their bases.

    1. verner says:

      it’s like afghanistan, countryside run by the talibans and in the towns sits the morons from the disunited states of insufferable fools. just as it was in the 80s when the russians held forth – couldn’t leave the compounds without cover from the airships, until mujahedin got hold of some nice missiles and killed all the fun. just like today. but the morons have much more stuff to ship back home and a much longer distance. they will leave more than half of the stuff.

  2. Assad must stay says:

    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

  3. Steve Standley says:

    I’m glad they’re trying. They will get better at it for sure as time goes on.

    1. Frank says:

      Frankly, the resistance needs to inflict casualties on the cowardly US occupation forces who hide in spider holes rather than fight.

      1. Steve Standley says:

        Yeah it needs to increase in intensity and frequency, and it seems to be headed that way.

  4. LRcaptain says:

    before it was three attacks almost weekly last month that number went up five

    now we have a strike drone and six convoy targeted. with another rocket attack prevented

    how long before we get into a and drone/ rocket attack weekly

    the us forces will soon be like their Saudi lackeys

  5. cechas vodobenikov says:

    special IED with special LGBT Covid mutation

  6. francesco says:

    Yeeeessssss!!!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *