On Saturday, the Iraqi Army and the Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) captured al-Rabia’a, al-Muthnah and al-Qadisiah districts in the northern part of Tal Afar town west of Mosul.
Iraqi forces also captured the historical Tal Afar citadel in the center of the town, and Hassan Kwai district in the eastern part of the town.
The army and the PMU also captured the following villages and farms:
- Al-Sadah village north of Tal Afar area;
- Abu Maria village northeast of Tal Afar area;
- Al-Akel, al-Afar and al-Fraeh farms northeast of Tal Afar area;
- Zambar and Bakhur villages east of Tal Afar area;
- Zambar mount east of Tal Afar area.
Iraqi forces killed and injured dozens of ISIS fighters, and captured the main ISIS communication center in the Tal Afar area as well as the ISIS prison.
Meanwhile, Iraqi Air Force warplanes destroyed a large ammo depot of ISIS in a farm in al-Qa’am area on the Syrian-Iraqi border. According to local sources over 25 ISIS fighters were killed in the airstrike.
95% of the Tal Afar area is now under the control of the Iraqi forces. It’s expected that Tal Afar operation will be over soon.
More photos of the liberated area: