0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
2,673 $
11 DAYS UNTIL THE END OF JANUARY 2021

Iranian Officials Dismissed Reports Of New Explosion In Tehran

Donate

Iranian Officials Dismissed Reports Of New Explosion In Tehran

A medical facility in Tehran destroyed last week by an explosion attributed to faulty gas canisters

Early on July 10, a loud explosion was heard in the western suburbs of the Iranian capital, Tehran. The explosion was followed by a temporary power outage.

Iranian officials quickly dismissed the reports of the explosion. Governor of Shahr-e Qods, Leila Vaseqi, told the Fars News Agency a limited power outrage took place in few of Tehran’s suburbs.

“The power outage also occurred in a limited area for five or six minutes, and power outages did not occur extensively,” Vaseqi said.

However, Vaseqi stressed that Shahr-e Qods and Garmdareh didn’t witness any explosion late on July 10. The governor didn’t provide any information on the possible causes of the power outrage.

Iranian Officials Dismissed Reports Of New Explosion In Tehran

This was the seventh explosion to be reported in Iran in the last few weeks. One of the explosions rocked the Natanz nuclear facility. A centrifuge assembly center was destroyed as a result of the explosion. Tehran vowed that it will respond if the explosion was caused by an attack.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!