UPD: the fifth US logistic convoy was targeted in Salagaldeen governorate .
On August 16th, four logistic convoys of the U.S. forces came under attacks in Iraq. The U.S. military were targeted with improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in two different Iraqi regions:
- one convoy was targeted in Baghdad governorate, near the town of Youssifiyah;
- one convoy was targeted in Baghdad governorate, in Abu Ghraib district;
- two convoys were targeted in Nasrea governorate.
No casualties were reported. The U.S. officials are yet to comment on the issue.
Video showing one of the attacks in Nasrea governorate:
Video showing the attack in Abu Ghraib district:
Pro-Iranian forces in Iraq have stepped up their attacks on US-led coalition supply convoys in the last few weeks. The coalition is yet to improve its security measures.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Four US Supply Convoys Came Under Attack In Southern, Central Iraq (Video)
- In Video: Iraqi PMU Clash With ISIS In Northern Baghdad