Less than 24 hours after Turkey’s threats to the Syrian Arab Army (SAA), the Turkish military reinforced two of its main observation posts around Syria’s Idlib.
Opposition sources said that a large convoy of the Turkish military entered northern Syria from Kafr Lusein border crossing in the morning of June 15 and headed toward two observation posts near the towns of Touqan in southern Idlib, and Murak in northern Hama.
The convoy consisted of eight BMC Kirpi II mine-resistant ambush protected (MRAP) vehicles, two ACV-15 armored personnel carriers (APCs) and an Otokar Cobra II infantry mobility vehicle (IMV).
Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan issued a warning to the SAA a day earlier in the wake of a mortar attack on a Turkish observation post around Idlib. At least four Turkish service members were injured in the attack.
The Turkish military blamed the SAA for the attack. However, the Ministry of Defense of Russia rejected these accusations and said that its warplanes had hit the militants responsible for the attack upon a request from Ankara.
More on this topic: