0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
2,037 $
14 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE END OF APRIL

In Video: Russian, Syrian Forces Repel Simulated Attack On Tartus Naval Base

Support SouthFront

Russian and Syrian forces have held a joint exercise during which they repelled a simulated attack on the naval base in Tartus port, Interfax reported on February 27.

During the joint exercise, saboteurs attacked the Russian Naval Base from two directions. Several attack drones were also launched at the base.

“During the exercise, the reconnaissance found five drones approaching the base from the sea. Three of them were destroyed by the Tor anti-aircraft missile system, two more managed to break through, they were met with fire by the marines,” Lieutenant Colonel Sergei Golovkin, deputy commander of the Material-Technical Support Point in Tartus, said.

Russian and Syrian forces dealt with the saboteurs who broke into the base after overrunning a post on the entrance. Lt. Col. Golovkin said that such a scenario is unlikely, but it is better to be prepared for any surprise.

A representative of the Syrian Armed Forces, General Yousef Aboud, noted that the experience of the Russian side is very useful for Syrian military personnel.

This was not the first such exercise. Earlier this month, the Russian Military Police held an anti-sabotage exercise at the Tartus Naval Base.

Russian forces in Syria constantly train to repel any threats that they may face. Militants carried out dozens of attacks with all sorts of weapons, including rockets and drones, on the Russian bases in Syria during the last few years.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Support SouthFront

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!

ONE TIME SUPPORT 20 USD

ONE TIME SUPPORT 50 USD

ONE TIME SUPPORT 100 USD

ONE TIME SUPPORT 500 USD