Twenty women and a child were killed in the late hours of March 9 as a result of a series of airstrikes by Saudi-led coalition warplanes on residential areas in the district of Kushur in the northwestern province of Hajjah.
The Yemeni al-Masirah TV said that the Saudi-led coalition airstrikes destroyed five civilian houses. Ambulances were also targeted by coalition warplanes.
“Warplanes of the Saudi-American aggression targeted the ambulances in Talan, in Kushur, preventing them from reaching the victims,” al-Masirah’s reporter in Hajjah said.
The Saudi-led coalition has not commented on this new incident so far. However, the al-Arabiya TV confirmed that coalition warplanes carried out several airstrikes on Kushur in the late hours of March 9.
According to the UAE-based channel, the airstrikes were meant to support Saudi-backed tribes, who are trying to break the Houthis’ siege on their positions in the area of Hujur, next to Kushur. Last month, the Houthis tightened their siege on the area.
This was the second massacre by the Saudi-led coalition in Kushur this week. On March 8, twelve civilians were killed when Saudi-led coalition warplanes pounded their house in the center of the district.
Despite the high number of civilian casualties, the Saudi-led coalition backers in the West are yet to take any measure to stop the airstrikes on Kushur.