The Yemeni Houthis (officially known as Ansar Allah) vowed to develop even more ‘deterrence weapons’ to confront the aggression of Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
The Minister of Defense of the Houthi-led government, Major General Mohammad Nasser Al-Atefi, confirmed that his forces are in a race against time to develop and manufacture strategic deterrence weapons and the rest of military weapons.
Al-Atefi added that the Yemeni Armed Forces have high-tech systems, some of which are currently used in defense of Yemen, and some will be revealed in the near future.
“The aggression against Yemen will stop under the pressure of force, and we, in Yemen, have this power, as we have achieved a qualitative leap in the field of manufacturing of various types of light, medium and heavy weapons.”
The Defense Minister condemned the US move to designate Ansar Allah a terrorist group saying that the US, who support the aggression and the killing of people in Yemen, should be designated as a terrorist organization.
Meanwhile, on the frontline:
- The Liaison and Coordination Officers’ Operations Room (loyal to Ansar Allah) reported 131 ceasefire violations in al-Hudaydah during the past 24 hours;
- On January 18, Saudi-led coalition warplanes conducted 4 airstrikes on the Maheliyah area;
- On January 18, Saudi-led coalition warplanes conducted 2 airstrikes on the Haradh area;
- On January 18, 15 members of Hadi forces defected to Ansar Allah in Abdiyah district;
- On January 18, clashes between Ansar Allah and Saudi-led forces were reported near Hays town.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- UAE Forces Evacuate Base In Southern Yemen Amid Houthis’ Advances On Frontline (Map Update)
- Houthis: Saudi Arabia Cannot Expect To Stay Safe As Long As It Attacks Yemen