The Houthis (Ansar Allah) launched on August 28 several Qasef-2K suicide unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) at military positions in the southern Saudi provinces of Najran and Jizan.
Brig. Gen. Yahya Sari, a spokesman for the Yemeni group, said that the UAVs attacked a “a key military base” in Najran and a “newly established military camp” in Jizan. The spokesman claimed that many Saudi-backed fighters were killed or injured in the attacks.
“These operations came as a legitimate response to the crimes of aggression, its ongoing siege on our great Yemeni people and its continuous airstrikes,” Brig. Gen. Sair said.
The Saudi-led coalition has not commented on the Houthis claims, so far. Usually, this means that the operations were successful to some extent.
These new operations represent a shift in the Houthis’ strategy. Previous drone attacks were limited to airports and airbases. The Yemeni group is now apparently using the drones to attack other military installations in southern Saudi Arabia.
Keep up the good work Houthis…… the win cannot be far off now.
Good work Houthis!
Does anybody know if there is a map collecting all of the drone attacks over time?