The Yemeni Houthis (Ansar Allah) have resumed active operations against Saudi-backed forces in the provinces of Marib and Al-Jawf.
According to reports by pro-Houthi sources, the recent strikes on the Saudi-occupied city of Marib destroyed weapon and ammunition depots there and now Saudi proxies lack supplies there. This worsened the situation for pro-Saudi forces in this area.
At the same time, the Saudi Air Force carried out a new series of strikes on what it calls ‘Houthi targets’ across the country. Nonetheless, as the previous years of the war demonstrated, the intense air campaign is not enough to change the situation on the battleground if your infantry units are ready to surrender.
A brief overview of the recent developments in Yemen:
- The Liaison and Coordination Officers’ Operations Room (loyal to Ansar Allah) reported 243 ceasefire violations in al-Hudaydah during the past 24 hours
- On February 7, Saudi-led coalition warplanes conducted airstrike on the Zahir area
- On February 7, Saudi-led coalition warplanes conducted airstrike on the Kitaf area
- On February 7, Saudi-led coalition warplanes conducted airstrike on the Khab and Shaaf area
- On February 7, Saudi-led coalition warplanes conducted 4 airstrikes on the Sarwah area
- On February 7, Ansar Allah attacked positions of the Saudi-led forces east of Maraziq
- On February 7, clashes between Ansar Allah and Saudi-led forces were reported in the Yatmah area
- On February 7, Ansar Allah reportedly targeted the Saudi-led coalition bases north of Marib city with 3 missiles
- On February 7, the Saudi-led coalition reportedly intercepted an Ansar Allah drone over the southern areas of Saudi Arabia
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Military Situation In Yemen On February 7, 2021 (Map Update)
- Biden Plans To Announce End To US Support For Saudi-led Coalition In Yemen
- Biden To Remove Ansar Allah Terrorist Designation (Map Update)